Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 13 July 2015

About to Shift Gears

Hello!  Here are more of my minis.  They are very fun.  : )  I brought these into Handmade House when I worked my Friday shift last week.  I'm still just loving it there.

Prairie Minis

I like all the different colours.  Which do you like?  Grey sure is in lately, especially when it comes to home decorating.  I wasn't so sure about it but as it turns out, I really like it.  It's calming and it looks good with any colour it seems.

What else can I tell you?  I've also been busy finishing up a new threadpainting and ended up framing it too.  Shudder.  I do not love framing, but I think I'm getting quite good at it.  I do get someone else to cut the mats though.


This new piece is for a very special summer exhibition at the Saskatchewan Craft Council to celebrate their 40th anniversary!  There are about 50 members each with 2 pieces of art in this show.  It begins Friday and runs for the remainder of the summer.  The stipulation for the artists is that EVERYTHING has to be for sale.  It will have a huge variety of craft mediums together in one room.  Exciting!


You'll see a little bit of everything.  I'll be dropping my two pieces off in the morning to the Affinity Gallery.  The show will be up and running by Friday.

Then I'm back in the studio to sit at my computer and write an article.  That's a change of pace!  I'm feeling like it has to be a more technical one.  It's for an American publication - I'l tell you more later when it's out at the end of the year.  Pretty exciting!

After that, I have one month to complete the stitching project for the Saskatchewan Arts Board Grant and get everything photographed and the final report submitted.  I still have three more pieces to complete and I am really, REALLY in the mood for some handstitching.  I spoke to an exhibition coordinator about showing my work, and he really encouraged me to work more in that medium.  That was nice to hear!  He's right though.  The yarn embroideries are much more artful and less of reproducing scenes perfectly.  And so - more experimentation with that to come...

stay tuned!  I promise I'll take lots of scrumptious pictures. : )


1 comment:

HollyM said...

You have lots of things going on, as usual. I really do like the grey frame.
The curator is right, the hand embroidery would seem to be more unique. Lots of work though.
Good luck with the article. I find they never give enough time. At least it forces you to get it done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *