I love my dog. He loves me. It's official. The adoption has been put through - not they we ever doubted it from the moment he came into our lives.
I always wanted to adopt. I never expected it to be a dog. ; ) I am the proud new mom to Buddy the Border Collie. We kept the name that the foster family used. The funny thing is how many strangers come up to him and say, "Hey buddy! How's it goin'?" and then they ask us what his name is.
The doggie loves snow terribly much. He rolls in it, dives into drifts, snacks on icicles... He loves wind too. I watched him stand face into the wind for a long, long time. He had his eyes closed and he was really enjoying the sensation. That was beautiful to watch. (no photo, sorry)
I love the change to our backyard landscape. I used to take such joy in seeing little boot tracks all over the fresh snow. Now we have paw prints to enjoy.
I'm not the only one loving this new addition to the family.
Check out this love note that was anonymously left on the frosty window. : )
Aaaawe. : ) SWEET!
Have a great Thursday.
* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Group Show Funky, Fresh & Full of Spice @ Paved Arts, Saskatoon June 23 & 24 ONLY
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception July 8, 2017 Station Arts
* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *
Hi! Welcome back to Tips on Tuesdays! This week is all about binding. Please leave a tip in the comments section at the end of the...
At the last meeting of the Embroiderers' Guild, I was given a little project to take home. It was several candlewicking pieces that req...
I'm teaming up with Brandy-Lynn Maslowski this week to get you all excited about a big postcard swap! Brandy-Lynn is the host of Canadi...
Sidney is the daughter of a friend of mine. In preparation for June awards nights and graduation from highschool, they dreamed up a sash/cu...
If you are settling in to some spring / summer sewing projects, I'm going to let you in on a very fun Call for Entry. The Kathy Theissen...
Welcome back to Tips on Tuesdays ! This week, the topic is Piecing . Add your tips to the comments for everyone to read. You are welcome ...
Welcome to Saturday Stitches, where you watch me learn embroidery stitches! You can find all Saturday Stitches posts in the "Tutorials...
Here it is... the long awaited commission for D. She's the one who said, "just make me something. Be creative." I don't...
I'm slightly unsure of telling you about this one.. but here goes. It's different for me but it's just what I was waiting for. ...
It's up! It's all up! In total, there were four afternoons at Saskatoon Open Door Society with two groups of newcomers at the Wome...