Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 17 October 2011

Flourishing Now

Yikes!  How many times have I shown you this one?  I keep thinking I'm done Purple Prairie, but the truth is that I have not felt satisfied until now.  Furthermore, I don't think I'll call it Purple Prairie now.  It's all about the birds and the blossoms.  I knew this piece had some Aaaah, but it lacked some Ooooh!  So I added some deeper indigos, some orange, and a lot more vertical grasses done by hand.  What a difference.  I feel it has more depth and more zing.  Can you tell the difference?  I can.


So... any name suggestions?  It's a bit of Summer, a bit of Bloom, and a bit of My Happy Place.  Hmmm.  Where's my thesaurus?

Before I forget, I also want to thank everyone who enjoyed the thread sketching tutorial over at 3 Creative Studios!  It's downloadable if you are interested, and it's free.  The link is in the left sidebar.  As you may know, anyone who loaded pictures of their thread sketching onto the 3CS flickr group before October 16th was entered into a draw for several fabulous prizes.  Michelle M. was the winner of one little postcards from me.  It's not the biggest prize, but perhaps the most personal one.  Congrats  Michelle!  By the way, I looked at her blog and she is just full of amazing work!  Go see for yourself, and please say hi to her:  Sweet Leaf Notebook

3 comments:

felicity said...

Bloomin' happy! :)

Kit Lang said...

Well, far be it from me to suggest it, but I will anyway. ;) How 'bout "My Sweet Prairie"?

Christie describeHappy said...

The birds really work and I like the orange flowers. And yes... Bloomin' Happy is adorable!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *