Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 17 October 2011

Because I Felt Like It.

I finished all my show entries!!!  Yipee!  Three more days, oh my.  So to relax, I took out my felting machine and played around trying to recreate some of the lovely northern lights I saw last month from my bedroom window.  I've been wondering how to do a Northern Lights piece.  Felting seems perfect.  Look at the swooshes and swirls you can do!

lime green auroras and evergreens at night - in progress

This is just a bare-bones example.  I'll do a lot more with this piece to embellish it.  So far, so good.  I bought that Janome Expressions felting machine off Kijiji earlier this year but I've only used it twice (fail).   It has 5 barbed needles and a presser foot like a regular machine.  It's pretty cool!


That's all for now folks!  If anyone is wanting to take a peek, I have a tutorial I made last year on how to construct 7 attach a hanging sleeve.  It's the yellow fabric link you'll find on the left side of this blog.  Click on it and scroll down.  I hope that helps for anyone hasn't made a hanging sleeve before... though I think most people in this show are seasoned pros!! 



4 comments:

Ellie said...

That looks lovely Monika, love the colour on the black it's very striking.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very neat machine...I love the contrast in your colours..lovely work

Becky said...

I've been wanting to try out wool felting ever since we moved here. The wool mill is in town, but they don't sell any extra wool roving here where they make it, no.... they send it all to the big city, Portland to sell it :(. But I've been eyeing some on Etsy... Can't wait to see the Northern Lights develop!

Anonymous said...

oooohhhhh I love it already!!! Will it be for sale?
Stay inspired!
Michelle
Brain Angles - Invisible Ink

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *