Hi there and welcome to Tips on Tuesdays! This is a weekly sharing post, so if you have any tips, please leave them in the comments section for all to read. To see all Tips on Tuesdays, click the red button in the left side bar. The topic this week is Guild Ideas. What are some favorite topics you've had covered in your guild? What are some topics you wish you could have presented? List as many as you like. New ideas are very helpful for the programming committees!
Some speakers we've had in the past include the following:
- Photographing your Quilts
- Quilts from an Aboriginal perspective
- Amish Quilts
- Presenters from other fibre-related craft guilds
- Guild challenge projects presented by each quilter
I would love to hear more suggestions.
If you are part of a guild, I hope you will find these suggestions useful as well. Have a terrific Tuesday!
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts
* * * MANITOBA * * *
Sept 2 & 3 Vendor - Proutopia
Sept 9 &10 Teaching - Sketch to Stitch / Runs with Scissors Studio
Sept 15 & 16 Vendor - Manitoba Fibre Festival, Red River Exhibition Park
* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *
Hi! Welcome back to Tips on Tuesdays! This week is all about binding. Please leave a tip in the comments section at the end of the...
At the last meeting of the Embroiderers' Guild, I was given a little project to take home. It was several candlewicking pieces that req...
I'm slightly unsure of telling you about this one.. but here goes. It's different for me but it's just what I was waiting for. ...
Welcome back to Tips on Tuesdays ! This week, the topic is Piecing . Add your tips to the comments for everyone to read. You are welcome ...
I'm teaming up with Brandy-Lynn Maslowski this week to get you all excited about a big postcard swap! Brandy-Lynn is the host of Canadi...
Hi! Mandy just emailed me for sneaky peeky. (Hi Mandy!) I was just about to put this under my machine, but will post photos first. This ...
Here it is... the long awaited commission for D. She's the one who said, "just make me something. Be creative." I don't...
Hello! I have a new exhibition up! It's called HOMELAND and features 21 prairie threadpaintings through all seasons. It's on dis...
Welcome to Tips on Tuesdays!! This week, the theme is quilting: the actually stitches you do through all layers of the quilt. Please leave...
I love my new piece: ' By the Roadside '. I just finished stitching it. I spent 2 solid long days and nights days hand stitching...