Hi there and welcome to Tips on Tuesdays! This is a weekly sharing post, so if you have any tips, please leave them in the comments section for all to read. To see all Tips on Tuesdays, click the red button in the left side bar. The topic this week is Guild Ideas. What are some favorite topics you've had covered in your guild? What are some topics you wish you could have presented? List as many as you like. New ideas are very helpful for the programming committees!
Some speakers we've had in the past include the following:
- Photographing your Quilts
- Quilts from an Aboriginal perspective
- Amish Quilts
- Presenters from other fibre-related craft guilds
- Guild challenge projects presented by each quilter
I would love to hear more suggestions.
If you are part of a guild, I hope you will find these suggestions useful as well. Have a terrific Tuesday!
* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Group Show Funky, Fresh & Full of Spice @ Paved Arts, Saskatoon June 23 & 24 ONLY
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception July 8, 2017 Station Arts
* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *
Hi! Welcome back to Tips on Tuesdays! This week is all about binding. Please leave a tip in the comments section at the end of the...
At the last meeting of the Embroiderers' Guild, I was given a little project to take home. It was several candlewicking pieces that req...
I'm teaming up with Brandy-Lynn Maslowski this week to get you all excited about a big postcard swap! Brandy-Lynn is the host of Canadi...
Sidney is the daughter of a friend of mine. In preparation for June awards nights and graduation from highschool, they dreamed up a sash/cu...
Welcome back to Tips on Tuesdays ! This week, the topic is Piecing . Add your tips to the comments for everyone to read. You are welcome ...
If you are settling in to some spring / summer sewing projects, I'm going to let you in on a very fun Call for Entry. The Kathy Theissen...
I'm slightly unsure of telling you about this one.. but here goes. It's different for me but it's just what I was waiting for. ...
Here it is... the long awaited commission for D. She's the one who said, "just make me something. Be creative." I don't...
Welcome to Saturday Stitches, where you watch me learn embroidery stitches! You can find all Saturday Stitches posts in the "Tutorials...
It's up! It's all up! In total, there were four afternoons at Saskatoon Open Door Society with two groups of newcomers at the Wome...