Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Wednesday, 15 December 2010

The Motherload & a Bartering Proposition

Oh did the mail ever arrive!  I got a huge box of goodies that I ordered online during a flash sale.  It might have been the super crazy markdowns from black friday in the states.  Here it is!  I love the tape.  It makes me feel special.  (It's not from Artist's club though.?)


Tada!  It's landscape heaven.  I think I got them for $1/FQ!  This is serious sale pricing.


And I got enough charms and strips to make a dozen kits.  Again - ridiculous prices, like $1 per charm pack and $3/jelly roll.  These are for two different summer quilts I'm designing.  This one feels like early summer, fruity.  It is already designed.  I chose solids so I could show of the stitching I'm going to do.


And here's the late summer one.  The colors are so hot.  This is for a project I'm doing for a summer issue of "A Needle Pulling Thread Magazine".  I'm really liking that magazine.  I will blog more on that in January!!


 ...like I needed more fabric.  I'll have to do some major giveaways and load up the van next time our quilter's guild has a flea market! 

Also, my EQ5 books arrived!  And then my EQ5 books arrived.  Yeah - I wrote that twice because it happened twice.  So... ooops.  Anyone interested in these?  I started looking through them and they are awesome!  It's like "EQ for dummies".  


I'm so happy I bought these but I don't need them in duplicate.  Anyone have an old EQ that you never did learn to use?  I'm open to a swap!  I would particularly LOVE a comprehensive embroidery book in any condition.  I'm not picky.  Make me an offer!  Just email me!  

mysweetprairie@gmail.com

~Monika

4 comments:

Brenda T said...

These fabrics are great! :):) Where were you shopping?

Molly said...

what kind of embroidery book? hand embroidery? 'cause if that's what you want, i have one i no longer need which you may certainly have...and no, i don't need the eq handbooks...
cheers
molly

Christie, Describe Happy said...

I am so glad you stopped through my blog earlier!! I think we have similar creative minds. I am enjoying seeing your projects. Looking forward to see more!! And oh my that's a nice delivery for a steal of a price!!

Flo said...

mmmmm. now that I see you mention of Eq5 I remembered that my sweet hubby gave that to me for Christmas a couple (or more) years ago. I tried using it but never really got the hang of it. Now I am not sure where it is....new laptop since then, so dont know if I can even reinstall it??? Guess I had better go digging through my sewing room boxes and see if I still have it. If i do, I will have to come up with something crative to barter with because I dont have any thing related to embroidery ! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *