Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Thursday, 16 December 2010

An Earlier Exhibit - Gardenscape in March

This is terrific!  I received an email invite to purchase exhibitor's space at the annual big spring GARDENSCAPE, 2011.  They are showcasing artists in a limited number of spaces who have landscapes or floral art.  It's at the end of March, and the little 4x8 foot spaces wouldn't only hold a lot of pieces, so (choke) why not another project!?  It's a great opportunity I think!


People come in from all over the province for this one.  Last year they has over 26 thousand visitors!  It's a BIG spring event, like I said.   It's three days and it's not like a craft fair where I need to commit to camping out there.  That's awesome!  There's a fee but they take no commission. Sounds great to me.  I'm doing it!

All right... back to work Monika.  : )
Mandy's Magical Tree is calling.  Applique about to begin...

2 comments:

Flo said...

Great Monika!! That is so cool. And there are TONS of people at Gardenscape, so you will have a huge "audience". Great opportunity for you! I will have to go this year and scout it out!

My Sweet Prairie said...

I know! And I think it's the RIGHT audience. I won't have a lot for sale. It's a small display. But it's the perfect setting! What a great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *