Welcome

* * * New Artworks * * * available at Handmade House, 710 Broadway Ave in Saskatoon

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Saturday, 18 December 2010

Bugs, Books, and Magic Trees.

That will teach me.  I signed an online petition to save the CBC and my laptop was completely overrun by viruses.  I sat there in horror for 2 days thinking about all the family photos from the last year, my patterns and quilt log, and articles and programs and  .  Good thing I married a "computer guy".  Too bad he married the most geekless woman ever.

thank you Michael!  xo

I ran a lot of errands yesterday.  I mailed MORE cards out, gifts to nieces and nephews across Canada, and sent the two EQ5 books to a woman in Texas.  So they are gone FYI.  I also stopped at Molly's house to pick up an embroidery book.  You know, "Molly my supplier".  ; )  She's so sweet.  Have you met her?  She is always pleasant, always smiles, and always calls me 'dear'.  As soon as I walked in to her house I heard, "Hello there dear".  Maybe I can arrange to have her adopt me or something.  hehehe  She knits, so I need to come up with some fabulous gift for her.  In the mean time, I made her a little thank you card.  THANK YOU MOLLY!

And now for Mandy's Magical Tree.  YES (Mandy if you are reading), I have been slowly creating that piece.  Bear with me, because the work-in-progress photos are extremely bland.  But as I work along on it, the next step pops into my head and I'm sooo excited with how this is coming along.  So check it out:

baby slings, carrier straps, booties too!  (brown not hers)

auditioning the threads I'll use for quilting the sky

mei tei moon

rainbow booties that will become 2 stars in the sky (2 boys)

my fabric for the leaves - she asked for light greens & yellows

I have this awesome idea that I've already started on for the leaves!!  They are all cut out - several dozen by hand.  Also, the tree is now quilted with brown threads and I did Trapunto as well.  (Trapunto is when you add batting to certain areas to make them pop.)  Those photos will have to wait.  Sneak peaks only.  I can't spoil the surprise for Mandy.

How can you NOT love those booties!!?

Now back to creating!  : )
~Monika

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *