Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Wednesday, 29 December 2010

3- End of the Year Countdown

I'm having a lot of fun working with all these solids! 


I'm combining them with the loads and loads of white I acquired from the donation of several dozen large choir gowns.  Remember these?


I've also been doing some triple-stitching of sketches I made, so they look similar to hand embroidery or redwork.  I haven't heard back from the magazine editor yet if I can show you my progress on that quilt or not, so for now I"ll go back to the post so you can see the technique.  I'm not sure there's a name for it.  I just came up with it because I was procrastinating doing hand embroidery.  It isn't exactly machine embroidery.  Nothing is pre-programed and I don't own an embroidery machine.  I just outline the sketch lines I drew with a triple stitch, VERY SLOWLY, pivoting after ever stitch.  Hand stitching would be quicker, though I do like and trust the look of this.  By the way, I'm much better at it now than I was when I made this post.  Enjoy!


 nearly there...
THREE!



2 comments:

Dolores said...

Enjoy your solids. I love solids and find that my eye is always attracted to quilts made with solids when I attend quilt shows.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Sounds like you are still up to a lot of good things! Were you able to resolve the picture capacity issue on your blog? Only a few more days to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *