Welcome

* * * New Artworks * * * available at Handmade House, 710 Broadway Ave in Saskatoon

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Grandma's Cabin, Stage "All Done"

I worked on this a lot today and yesterday. Aside from a sign with the house number and family name, it's DONE!  I added all the planters and then began stitching the flowers.  I did french knots and glass beads.  I needed red thread.  But which one!???


I really loved working on the planters the most I think.  The roof gave me satisfaction too though.  ; )  So here I am stitching on the geraniums into the planters.


Don't they look pretty!?  Ah I love how this turned out.  They add so much dimension.

 
I added the lamp and the lights and the birdbath...

click pic to enlarge

What do you think Carol-Lynne!?


It's going to look great in that black shadow box.  p.s.  The white planters are the about 3 mm at the widest.  Crazy!  And here are the photos I started this commission with.


~Monika

7 comments:

darkdreamer said...

I think I'm a little teary, it is beautiful :) When I scrolled to the finished photo my hand went to my mouth. You are amazing!! My Grandma will be a little teary too - lots of fabulous memories at that cottage and this is a gorgeous, and soulful, reminder of great days in a beautiful spot, in a medium she will totally appreciate as she is a life-long crafter who once used a sewing machine like a madwoman. Thank you!!

Tami K said...

This is just unbelievable. Who knew you could paint a picture with fabric and thread?
I admire your skills greatly!

Michelle V. Alkerton said...

Incredible and so touching :).
Stay inspired!

Gailanne said...

You are AMAZING!

I loved watching the process, and am in awe of what you've done, just incredible and beautiful all in one!

The story behind the piece is WONDERFUL too, what a priceless gift!

Michelle Flowers said...

I absolutely love the glass beads. so so beautiful that you can create something so moving from a photo.

you really are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Big Sis says: This is a piece of art that floods the memory with over 30 years of great times and fantastic homemade family meals, nights spent wrapped up by the campfire, my son as a little gaffer help making the playhouse, making jams n jellys, doing laundry by hand, golfing, swimming, waterskiing, my fingers can't type fast enough to keep up with all those wonderfull memories... peace and contentment and most importantly --- acceptance.

Wendy said...

Holy Cow! Amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *