Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Saturday, 27 November 2010

Gingerbread Cookies

No, I'm not baking.  I'm quilting.  I'm working on the St. Nikolas quilt today.  So far so good.  I decided not use the paper pieced gnomes by Sonja Callaghan only because I was too chicken to try it.  So I stuck with the applique theme and made gingerbread-cookie-cutter kids!


I made ten of them, one for each child.  I'm putting them in a circle on the quilt with names embroidered on each.  But I cannot show you yet!  Here's all you get...


It's not sewn together in this photo.  It's just stuck to the design wall.  I've rearranged it a dozen times!  I think I know what I'm doing now.  : )  So I squared all the blocks up, which helped to centre some of them a bit better.  I use tape on my rulers as a guide now ALWAYS when doing repetitive cutting - ever since accidentally slicing fabric too small too many times. 


This is a very busy quilt, but it has a pretty christmas feel to it.  I think the kids will love it.  Arwen is a bit freaked out.  She said, "you mean you are SELLING THIS!!???".  She says that about everything I make.  Needless to say, she owns more quilts than anyone in this family!  lol

back to work...
see ya tomorrow!

~Monika

3 comments:

Gailanne said...

I can tell already from the sneak peek, it's going to be AWESOME!

Question from a new quilter:can you explain alittle bit more about the tape on the ruler?

Thanks ahead of time, have fun!

My Sweet Prairie said...

Oh sure - see the green painter's tape on my ruler? It's the last photo in this post... It's set along the line that I need to line up with the edge of my fabric. If it's not there, then I often eventually line it up to the wrong measurement. I use tape so I can pull it off and stick it on again in a new spot next time I'm cutting the same size over and over. PS- this is a case where I'm not using the cutting mat grid to measure. I'm using the plexiglass ruler.

: )

Have got those fabrics yet? Snail mail...

Gailanne said...

Thanks for the tip Monika, I get it now!

No fabric yet, just makes it better when it does come...thanks so much, your a blessing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *