Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

I'm Back and Teaching : )

After a fast and fun 24 hrs in Edmonton with the in-laws, I'm back in Saskatoon and full of turkey.  I got home long after dark and this morning packed up my sewing machine et al and headed downtown to Sew & Home to run my first Fabric Postcard workshop!  It was very fun.  It was very messy.


The theme I gave them was "something that is round".  That seemed to work for everyone!  Here's Brenda with her Halloween card all finished.  Nice hey!?


I walked around with my camera asking if I could post photos.  Here is Rhonda's - very striking!  


I invited the participants to swap.  Not everyone wanted to give up their gems of course.  : )  Here are the ones being swapped - Linda's, Linda S's, and Flo's.  All so different!  I love it.  Aren't they gorgeous!?


The last one above was "something with stripes".  We tried to do 2 postcard each.  Here was Flo's first with "something that is round" which she's keeping.  It's so lovely - I really like the ribbon border on it.


I was surprised at all the purples and orange color!  I did a couple little demonstrations of techniques like couching.  I use an open toe F foot, or a rolled hem foot for smaller yarns or floss.  Linda S. had a great suggestion to feed the yarns with a beading foot. 

Here's three I took home to mix up and mail out - cute!  :)


I brought my own POSTCARD stamp for everyone to use on the back.  That was a hit. ; )  
Thanks everyone - we all had a good time.  Boy, they sure were busy sewing and creating!  Everyone was very focused on their projects and happy with the outcomes. 

And when I got home, look what I discovered in my mailbox!!   : )


Sweet - I'm part of a Halloween swap with an online yahoogroup.  This is the first one I received.  I still have to make my 3.


That's so great!  Thank you Carolyn!  : )  It's so nice to get REAL mail, you know???

If anyone is interested, the next class will be Wednesday November 10th from 6-9pm at Sew & Home.  You can call them to sign up.  306-373-2332.  They are charging $39.  I supply handouts, embellishments such as beads/ribbon/lace/yarn, fabric scraps, and the stiff interfacing middle layers.

~Monika K.
Sewing in Saskatoon

2 comments:

Flo said...

thanks so much for such a fun and inspiring class. And what a great way to use up all those little scraps of material that I just cant throw away.
Good job, we had a great time!

Michelle V. Alkerton said...

Way to go Monika! With your artistic spirit guiding them, I know they all had a great time creating with you :)!
Stay inspired!
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *