Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 12 October 2010

I'm Back and Teaching : )

After a fast and fun 24 hrs in Edmonton with the in-laws, I'm back in Saskatoon and full of turkey.  I got home long after dark and this morning packed up my sewing machine et al and headed downtown to Sew & Home to run my first Fabric Postcard workshop!  It was very fun.  It was very messy.


The theme I gave them was "something that is round".  That seemed to work for everyone!  Here's Brenda with her Halloween card all finished.  Nice hey!?


I walked around with my camera asking if I could post photos.  Here is Rhonda's - very striking!  


I invited the participants to swap.  Not everyone wanted to give up their gems of course.  : )  Here are the ones being swapped - Linda's, Linda S's, and Flo's.  All so different!  I love it.  Aren't they gorgeous!?


The last one above was "something with stripes".  We tried to do 2 postcard each.  Here was Flo's first with "something that is round" which she's keeping.  It's so lovely - I really like the ribbon border on it.


I was surprised at all the purples and orange color!  I did a couple little demonstrations of techniques like couching.  I use an open toe F foot, or a rolled hem foot for smaller yarns or floss.  Linda S. had a great suggestion to feed the yarns with a beading foot. 

Here's three I took home to mix up and mail out - cute!  :)


I brought my own POSTCARD stamp for everyone to use on the back.  That was a hit. ; )  
Thanks everyone - we all had a good time.  Boy, they sure were busy sewing and creating!  Everyone was very focused on their projects and happy with the outcomes. 

And when I got home, look what I discovered in my mailbox!!   : )


Sweet - I'm part of a Halloween swap with an online yahoogroup.  This is the first one I received.  I still have to make my 3.


That's so great!  Thank you Carolyn!  : )  It's so nice to get REAL mail, you know???

If anyone is interested, the next class will be Wednesday November 10th from 6-9pm at Sew & Home.  You can call them to sign up.  306-373-2332.  They are charging $39.  I supply handouts, embellishments such as beads/ribbon/lace/yarn, fabric scraps, and the stiff interfacing middle layers.

~Monika K.
Sewing in Saskatoon

2 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

thanks so much for such a fun and inspiring class. And what a great way to use up all those little scraps of material that I just cant throw away.
Good job, we had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Monika! With your artistic spirit guiding them, I know they all had a great time creating with you :)!
Stay inspired!
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *