Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Friday, 22 October 2010

Halloween Soon & the Big Bright Moon

It's still very warm here, so we have been outside a lot (not that winter will stop me!).  Can you believe Halloween is ten days away!?  Look at this!  Here is a cell-phone shot from the most recent morning run.  The night made the water cold enough, and the morning sun made the air warm enough... fog!  So pretty: "Smoke & Mirrors".


There are still leaves on some of the trees... pretty faded greens!


The Canadian Geese are still here.  They seem like they are in no rush.  


I took these pics at the Forestry Farm, Park, and Zoo.


And tonight when the moon came up, we were just leaving the park.  I took this photo.  It's so dainty, so surreal, and so pink once again!  It's one of those things that would not be believable if I turned it into fibre art.  You know?


My husband tells me that my art looks real and my photos look fake.  I laugh and take that as a compliment.

And lucky me - the third Halloween-swap postcard arrived in my mailbox!  It's from Mary Anne in Ontario, and it's CUTE!  Thank you Mary Anne.

Only a few more days and it's the deadline for my first giveaway!  If you are reading this for the first time, scroll back a few days to see.  It's all about the moon.  

Or click on this ---> My Sweet Prairie Give-away #1

Have a great weekend!
~Monika

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *