Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Sewing for Photos

Last month I mentioned to a neighbor that I was entering some of my work into the annual "Showcase of the Arts" here.  She asked if I was entering my quilts or my art.  "My photos!" I said.  She was a little upset for me that I wasn't putting my sewing out there.

I went back to Prairieland Park just before they closed last night to pick up my entries.  The show is all done.  And much to my surprise, I walked in to find this!!


Isn't that just meant to be that the photo that gets the ribbon is the one I took of my threads for the My Sweet Prairie logo!  I was pretty honored about that.  It brings my photography and my sewing full circle in a sense.

So I packed up my things and drove home.  I couldn't stop having my mind blank out about the fact that some of my most poorly graded photos are planned to be the focus of my next project!!  (O M G).  What can you do but laugh, shake it off and move forward.  I know potential when I see it.  ; )

And as I walked to our door with my big flashy green "ribbon from the fair", I couldn't help but feel like a little girl in 4-h that had the best cow.  hehehe  In the end, my boys were very proud of their mama. : )

: )

~Monika

2 comments:

Shayleah said...

I think that's awesome....congrats on your ribbon, little miss! ;)

Vivian said...

Congratulations! I love to mix my photography with my quilting. For small projects I often print on cotton and stitch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *