Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Thursday, 29 April 2010

The Latest & Greatest

From May 10 to June 20, four of my newest postcards will be displayed at the Magenta Gallery in the Centre Mall.  I think they are gorgeous (!!!), and now I do not want to sell them.  Three of them are replicas of photos I took of the sky & landscape that I adore.  Honestly, I surprised myself with them.  They weren't planned.   I just took out my supplies, picked a photo, and reproduced it with tulle, threads, and decorative yarns.  It was like second nature - like paints should be to an artist.  

Unfortunately, I am no techie, and have no idea how to upload photos off the camera.  So now you have to wait for my husband to do it.  : )

My next project: to organize my sewing space!  It's actually insane what a disasterous mess can be made by creating a 4x6inch work of art.  lol  Perhaps I should factor clean-up into the price?  lol

keep it pretty,
~Monika 

1 comment:

Michelle V. Alkerton said...

Congratulations Monika!! Hope your hubby teaches you to upload the pics :).
Stay inspired!
Michelle
Brain Angles - Invisible Ink

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *