Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Sunday 2 May 2010

Whew I did it!

Ugh it's been a pressing week!  I've been going back and forth with the idea of entering some of my art for consideration in a serious exhibition.  I finally decided that I have to or I will regret it.  SO I madly finished my postcards, working around the clock at a pretty good pace.  In the end, I decided one of them doesn't belong because it's NOT LIKE THE OTHERS!  (ding dong... sesame street). 

So I gave up.

And then I changed my mind again and remade the 'winter' postcard.  I found the right photograph and PERFECTO!  It's done!  I feel so good about it.  So I submitted all of the required information and photographs and clicked 'send'.  It was 21 hours before the entry deadline.  

My C.V. went something like this:
- In grade 7 I won the art award.
- 2 years ago I joined a local quilt guild.

Pretty hilarious isn't it!?  I don't expect to be chosen, but I am SO glad I did it.  It's one more fear overcome.  Like my mother always says... "Nothing to it but to do it".

The coolest thing was laying in bed lastnight.  Usually I stare at the pages of Quilting Arts or other quilting books... dreaming, wishing...  But last night, I lay in bed gazing at my own postcards, and feeling a great sense of accomplishment.  I've made it to here!  

In the entry I emailed, I was required to self-declare that I am an 'emerging artist'.  What a GREAT feeling!  What a fantastic way to end the first forty years of my life.  

all is well
~Monika Kinner-Whalen



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have faith you will have great results! It is such a neat feeling to put your work out there and yes it takes courage. You definitely have the talent and your work is beautiful! Now, take a deep breath before you start your next adventure in creativity :).
Stay inspired!
Michelle
Brain Angles - Invisible Ink

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *