Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Friday 26 August 2016

Travelling Interview

So... a few years ago, in the search for Canadian Art groups, I found ArtsQuest.ca on Facebook.  I've been following them ever since because they pop up art from across the country in all mediums, and I like seeing that!

You have to read about them:  Corinne and Gary Funk.  They live in their home on wheels, affectionately named 'ARTY'.  They have a cat too.  They also have a website and that's what they are building.  They came through my home town and asked for a studio visit.  I was so excited to finally meet them for real!  It was a great visit.  They stopped in to interview Judy Wood (photo & mixed media) and Paige Mortensen as well (batik paintings now on display at Handmade House).

Knowing they travel light and live small, I thought the best thing for me to do for them would be to offer some apple cider and let them pick a bag of apples after the visit.  I told them, 'I'm interviewing you, so I don't have to be nervous about you interviewing me'.  And out came my camera...


Cute hey!?  : )  They came from BC and are headed toward Manitoba.  Imagine that small space they live in.  I suppose they likely never fight over housework.  Lucky them!  : )

They were really great.  THANK YOU BOTH.  They don't have the 'marketplace' up yet, but that is their goal.  If you are a Canadian Artist and you are interested in finding out more, you can go to

You can watch a video about how they got started, and find out about the give-away contest they are doing, in the way of a Treasure Hunt!  : )


Safe travels!  Enjoy the apples.

xo
Monika

2 comments:

elle said...

This is great! Thanks for the heads up! :)

Margaret said...

Popped over to the website and made a note. They need more "fibre" in their inventory,eh? Thanks, Monika!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *