Welcome

* * * PUBLISHED * * * My work has been included in Pauline Brown's 'Encyclopedia of Embroidery Techniques' 2nd Edition, Search Press Classics UK
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist Review #3 of a 4 part series in the new issue of A Needle Pulling Thread magazine, Canada
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Stitch (UK) feature article, 'From Sketch to Stitch' Issue #105

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Handwork and More Handwork

I've stitched and sold my first aspen grove piece at my open studio.  It was my favourite, and I ended up spending some time skethcing the photo out as well.  I showed you those in an earlier post.  It's currently my favourite composition, and so I started things up again because I enjoy it so much.


There's just something about the yellow that makes me so happy.  I decided I wanted to spend a lot of time on this, so I went big.  it's 6"x15" / 15cm x 40cm.


As I'm working on it, I often post on Instagram (that's why you haven't seen me much here).  Comments roll in, and I suddenly realize, OOPS!  A cyber friend of mine requests a commission for a 4" round framed version of this.  Since January seems to be the month of multitasking, I get my hoop out and get to work on another, right on top of the current work.


She has something to put this in that has a 4" circular hole.  My friend Patti pointed out how the photo above looks like a magnification of the piece under it.  !  It does!

And here it is - tada!  Thankfully, my customer/friend loves it and it's been mailed off to her already.  I look forward to seeing how she frames it.


And now, switching gears, I best get back to that large threadpainting...

Have a great week!!  Linking to WIP Wednesday @ TN&TN
~Monika

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Just gorgeous, Monika

Margaret said...

It's beautiful -- but...the framing?! Ah, there's the rub! I have two lovely petit point pieces done by my mother and in round frames. When I went to replace them (the frames, that is; they were very old) the framer (very reputable in Calgary) said...something to the effect that "they don't make these any more". We opted for fresh (read: acid-free) baking and she repaired the existing frames and re-framed the pair. They hang in my home today, a beautiful memento. As for your client -- I hope she already has the frame!!

Laurel's Stitches said...

Gorgeous work.Your birch trees look very life-like.

Thanks for linking to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *