Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Friday 11 December 2015

Little Gift Shop on the Prairie

I'm so very grateful to be a part of the Handmade House group.  I love my Fridays there.  Lately it's been SUPER busy as shopping season comes into full swing. The count down is on!  I framed up my new hand embroideries and stockpiled my cards and minis.


It's a small shop on Broadway between McQuarries Coffee (smells SO good) and Bill's House of Flowers (smells SO good).  It's an old space that hasn't been updated much, but the shop is full of handmade.  There's lots of potters with a huge variety of items - from wine goblets to casserole lidded dishes of all sizes.  There's a shelf full of teapots, metal sculpture, wooden bowls, gorgeous glass, lovely jewelery,  watercolour and linocut prints...  There is also an abundance of handmade woolen mittens, handwoven scarves and shawls, small quilts, placemats and table runners.  There is wall art and vases...  It's awesome.

My display area has framed handwork, greeting cards, mini threadpaintings, gift tags and snowglobes.  To the left is the felt work of Heike Fink, and to the right is the art of Mary Romanuk.  I hope if you live in the ares, you come in to see.  I'll try to keep it stocked well through the holidays.

Raku sheep by Anna Malkin

I have this thing with loving to arrange and rearrange things.  I love working on displays.  It's a bit of an obsession.  I'm not sure if they like that about me or not!?  : )  I'll blame it on my mother.  She rearranged the rooms of our house several times a year.  It's like getting a new environment to live in.  I think it makes you appreciate things more; it's easy to take things for granted when they stay the same all the time, right?

I'm off to the shop for Fridays, with the exception of the 25th of course.  Handmade House will be closed.  I will be working in Dec 24th which I am very excited about!  I think the shop is open the next 2 Sundays as well to accommodate.  If you want to shop Sunday, maybe just call the shop first.

Alfalfa, 2015 (sold)

Also - you can find a great assortment of handmade tree ornaments.  : )
Have a lovely day, and if you are just tuning in, please go back to yesterday's post to enter the draws I'm hosting.  : )


1 comment:

allthingzsewn said...

These stitched photos are great. Are you self taught? I have never heard of this before. Is this what is in the magazine You're sending? Hope so. This is inspiring. Now I see what you were looking at in the photos you posted today.
My husband goes out looking for the same thing, his medium is acrylics though.
Now I'm even more anxious for my surprise. Is this done with wool yarn or what. Do you dye your own. Okay, okay, I'll wait for the article before I ask any more questions. But you haven't heard the last from me.
Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *