Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Wednesday 21 October 2015

New Showcase in Saskatoon

I love gettin' things done.  LOVE IT.  Today I delivered a pile of threadpaintings and 40 new Prairie Postcards to the Sask Craft Council Boutique.

813 Broadway Avenue, Saskatoon

They're stocking up inventory for the you-know-what season.  ; )  I shipped another work of art off to an event.  I delivered some art to customers.  I restocked my Etsy Shop with postcard supplies & art.

Then this afternoon, I hung six framed embroideries on the walls at True Potential Health Services on 8th Street in Saskatoon for the offices of Dr. Jacqui Fleury, ND and her team.

#3 - 1810 8th Street East, Saskatoon SK

I met Jacqui 16 years ago when I was pregnant with my first.  I was a new patient and I thought she was amazing.  We've continued to stay in touch by coincidence, but maybe that's meant to be. She moved her practice not too long ago to a new space 8th Street, in the same parking lot as Dad's Nutrition / Organic Market and Bakery.  We see each other on Facebook, and this summer she asked if I would like to display my art in her offices.  WOW.  Yes, of course!  I went to visit and was thrilled to find lovely colourful walls.   I started to dream up what I would want to put in there and got to getting things framed.  Finally this afternoon, I was able to bring my work in and put it all up.

the front waiting room

Here are closeups of the two fibre art works that I have up over the chairs.  They are available for purchase but not at the clinic.  Anyone interested is asked to contact the artist directly.  Also, I am happy to ship world wide, so these pieces are not limited to being purchased by local folks.  I will be adding them to my website under, 'Available Artworks'.  I can go to the clinic at any time to pick up and ship art, and replace with new work.

click on image to view larger

That was one of Jacqui's favourites.  It's entirely hand stitched, 8x10 inches, framed under glass to 12x14".

The next one was part of the SCC's 40th Exhibition over the summer.  It is also available directly from me, but on display at True Potential Health Services.


And Roadside is still available as well.  It was hanging at Handmade House for the summer.  I had some pouts when I took it out for Jacqui, but it looks so good on her soft brown wall.


The photo doesn't do the art or the space or the wall colour justice, but there you have it.  Here's the close up image of the yarn embroidery, also available.


There are a few more, but they are in patient exam rooms.  So, what do you think?  : )  I feel so fortunate to have been given this opportunity.

I also have little yarn embroideries to add to Handmade House, along with more mini threadpaintings.  I'll be in there for my Friday shift, eagerly anticipating heading to the quilt show right after.  BUSY WEEK, yes indeed.  I will have to go with my littlest to the Prairie Ink Restaurant and listen to some music before bed on Friday night.  That's always a treat for us, and I could use the evening to celebrate.

Have a terrific day.  And THANK YOU again Dr. Fleury!  If you would like to learn more about her practice, she has a WEBSITE with a wonderful introductory video.


3 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations! You know...sometimes artists need to 'think outside the box' when it comes to unique venues. I hope your pieces delight the waiters in that doctor's waiting room!

Threadpainter said...

Ditto ! Congratulations, Monika ... great opportunity to spread your work !

Lin said...

What a great space to hang your work Monika and how lovely for the patients. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *