Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Thursday, 23 April 2015

Things I Love Thursday

I ventured out one more time to enjoy them - those lovely crocuses!  This time I went to Crocus Prairie, where Central Avenue turns in to a gravel road.  When I arrived, I grabbed my little camera and started down a path.  A woman I had never met was just heading back to the parking lot.  She had a big smile on her face and said, "There's lots of them out there!"

I guess we all know what we're looking for. ; )


There must be two dozen in this 'nest'!  What a bouquet.  They are bursting, but becoming paler which was beautiful in the early evening sun.


I love when the light changes!  The birds were chirping shortly after 5 am this week.  The sun rises when we do, and it sets when the children go to bed.  It's a wonderful time of balance.


Look at them stretching!  I love this group.  It's like they are trying to see something out there.  It was a longer image, but I cropped the sky and pulled it down a bit.  Can you see there?   I love taking photos so much.  It feels so good to get out.

I love this time of year.  It sure was nice to get out and take a short break from the studio.  WHEW!

Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

Terri said...

That last picture sure shows they are cold weather plants. Look at all that fuzz. Love your pictures.
Hugs

Patti said...

Oh I love the big bunch of them! So lovely. I've never been to Crocus Prairie...may have to go sometime. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *