Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Group Show Funky, Fresh & Full of Spice @ Paved Arts, Saskatoon June 23 & 24 ONLY
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception July 8, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Works in Progress

I'm in - and I'm stitching away.  I used four 100wt bobbins up already in just a couple days.  You can wrap a lot of decobob onto a bobbin.  In fact, it takes so long to wind one that it's likely the most boring thing I've ever done!  lol  Here are some works in progress...  Remember - they are not done and still quite plain, but I thought I had better show something.  ; )


That last walk out at Chief Whitecap Park with my dog put me in such an amazing mood.  I put my  images up on the computer to use as reference and start building the background colours up with fabric and thread.

The next photo is a work in progress with a mat just to see how things are filling in.  I keep an extra one nearby while I'm sewing so I can keep checking my progress.

work in progress

Now I'm ready for hand stitching.  But wait!  It's been so long since I've ran my machine, I had to keep working on more.  I figure I can spend a couple days later on just finishing the hand work on all of them...


Pictured above is on older photo I took out there last summer.  I've been hanging on to it for a while, knowing some day I would stitch it.  I just love the blending of colours in it - the shades of green and the plops of yellow.

Here it is in progress - the machine work is all done and the rest I will also do by hand.

work in progress - the bare bones of it

Oooh I love how this one is working out.  I feel like once the stems are in, it will be just perfect.

There you go - I feel caught up with show and tell after a couple of quiet months building the studio.  It is amazing to have all the threads and supplies organized and at hand.  I forgot how much I love threadpainting. : )  I have lots more on the go...  Talk soon!

Linking to TN&TN for WIP Wednesday.


2 comments:

genie holt said...

Your work/art brings me much pleasure. I'm so glad you share your progress.

Threadpainter said...

Love your progress shots !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *