Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Wednesday 15 October 2014

In the Shop

Hey there folks!  I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend.  We're all stuffed full of turkey now in Canada.  I'm pretty much settled in to the new studio now and have started a couple new pieces (FINALLY!).  I still haven't set a date for a Studio Warming as we are still wrestling with other things in our lives right now.  In the mean time, I did fill up my Etsy shop with more postcard supplies and as they were seriously dwindling.  Thanks so much to everyone who has been putting in orders!

double sided fusible stabilizer and prestamped backings

I also have something new!  I have these rockin' greeting cards from Moo dot com.  They make great quality cards.  The cards are very strong.  They actually feel tearproof, though I wouldn't try it.  The printed photos are just so clear.  On some of them, I can even see the shadows cast by the threads!  I have eight threadpaintings printed, most of which are cropped so that the owner of the original is the only one with the full version (well, and the original full sized version in thread of course).


I hope you like them.  The are signed on the backs and have a white fitted envelope too.  I had really dug my heals in and planned not to print cards of my work, but now that I'm so busy with commissions I feel this is a good way to continue to promote my work. 


You can also find a few 4x6 fibre art prairie postcards in the shop too.  Click on Etsy My Sweet Prairie if you'd like to see all the goods.  The link is also in the blog's left sidebar.  Thanks so much!

p.s. I plan to be running a threadpainting class this month here in my home. I'll take a small handful of people and then compare notes in order to set a date and time.  If you are interested, please email me at Monika at MySweetPrairie dot ca with 'Threadpainting 101' in the subject.  : )

have a good week folks,

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

great idea for the cards ...they are fantastic

Terri said...

They look great, Monika. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *