Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Group Show Funky, Fresh & Full of Spice @ Paved Arts, Saskatoon June 23 & 24 ONLY
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception July 8, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Openings and Opportunities

Saturday was awesome.  There weren't more than a half dozen people at any given time, but a steady flow came all day without a break.  It was so great to see familiar and new faces.  Pretty much everyone who came bought art - it was an incredibly successful day that way!  I don't feel guilt anymore about giving up the December show.  So, thank you for that!  : )  And thank you also to all those who sent a sweet message with regrets.  You all made me smile and I appreciate you so much.

Monika & Verna - she's only drinking pink ginger ale : )

I personally love the smurks on our faces.  : )

The interesting parts of Saturday were when two guests were really interested in purchasing some of my stash!  lol  I had some of my Etsy shop stock and so they had fun picking their favourites.  I had someone fall in love with a handstitched piece I had on the display table.  I hadn't planned for it to be for sale because I didn't have it finished / mounted.  So, we talked about how she would like it displayed in a wrapped canvas style with no framed.  I'll show you a photo once I have it all put together.  That was a nice surprise!  I'm glad she asked for the piece she really loved the best.  Another woman spied a prairie rug hooking on a lower shelf in the room and ended up going home with that one.  : )

On Monday, I ran a 4 hr Beginner Threadpainting Class.  There were 5 in the classroom.  I had capped it at 4, but I got an email from a woman in Manitoba who happened to be coming this way.  Of course I added her too!  What great timing.  I have a friend name Lauren from my mom's group who came to try it out.  She had never free motioned before - 110% beginner.  SHE DID SO AWESOME!  So I have to show her off just to prove that I don't need my students to have any experience whatsoever, and you really will amaze yourself.


There she is on my machine.  We had some issues with jamming on hers and so I wanted to get her going.  (p.s. Lauren, your manual was left behind here.)


And then I spent some time refilling stock for the Etsy shop as well.  The postcard supplies were dwindling.  I have yet to upload those pics but I'll do that next.

OKAY - on with the BIG commissions.  I have one more going to Australia, the USA, a couple for Canada, and even one headed to Africa.  WOWEE.  But for the moment, I think I am quite exhausted and will take today off.  I don't remember the last time I had a good rest and me-day.  Talk soon folks!  Thanks for everything,


4 comments:

Threadpainter said...

Congrats Monika, on a very successful day ... hope your me-day was enough !

Valerie Wilson said...

Monika I'm glad that you had such a successful day. I wish that I could have been there!

Patti said...

Glad the day was a success! So many lovely things.

Verna G said...

Loved you studio Monika! A little envious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *