Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Friday, 29 November 2013

They're Back! : )

Here are photos from my week... my WHOLE, entire week...


I stitched and stitched long landscapes on stabilizer.  I used Accent 12 wt variegated rayons, metallic, and holographic Wonderfil threads...    Sparkle, sparkle!  : )  Shimmer, shimmer!


I did some free motion in the clouds and some couched yarns on the horizons.  Then I sliced them all two inches wide.


Next, I hand stitched birds on some and glowing snowflakes on others.  Finally, I spent an entire day just satin stitching the edges of these teeny weenie landscapes.  (That took FOR - EVER!)

Here they are!  All finished up.


There are no two alike.
I love each and every one!  : )


Some are day scenes, some are night time.  
Some are early morning, some are colorful evenings.

i heart winter

Tada!
All back to back in shatter-proof snowglobes.  : )

Don't worry, the art is in a dry slot inside and won't get wet.


It's A Very Merry My Sweet Prairie!  
(shake shake shake)

they make sweet gifts

You can find them once again at SaskMade Marketplace on 8th Street in Saskatoon.  I supply them there every December for the holiday shoppers.  They will be there for sale until they are gone.


* Sorry * - because they are heavy and water-filled, I am unable to ship for risk of freezing.

Have a lovely weekend,





10 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a great idea!

Lin said...

Absolutely beautiful!

B J Elder said...

What great fun! Your snowglobes are terrific, and such a treasure. Wish I lived closer.

Threadpainter said...

I did not know about your snow globes ! What a great idea !
Now rest a bit :)

laura lok said...

gorgeous

Yvette Niesel said...

WOW... nothing else to say!

Monica said...

Just the same as everyone else, I'll say, "what a great idea!"

Plus, I have a question -- did you colour-match the thread on the satin stitched edge, or is the clear thread? Thanks!

Juanita said...

OMG! What a lot of stitching in a week. I know how long (and tedious) those satin stitched edges can be. They are going to look great in your globes.

Eileen said...

As a new viewer to your blog, I am thrilled to see how dedicated you are to creating unique fabric art. Each one had individual attention. Well done!
Are you using some hand dyed fabrics?

Dahn said...

Adorable! I love these cuties. I want one of your snow globes. (confession--I made a snow globe with my mini cardinal). I never wanted to go to Sask until I met you. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *