Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Don't Get Your Panties in a Knot

It's been a long time since I've swapped postcards.  My art life has become so busy that I stepped down as moderator from PostCard Cottage a few months ago.  That was a big decision for me.  I've done that for two years and was pretty proud of it, but I decided I'd rather make them than moderate them.  Out of curiosity, I peeked at the open swap topics and decided to jump into the "Black Lace" swap.  I have so much lace in a bag somewhere that I thought this would be a fun on to do.  Finally I sat down to work on them (you make 3, you get 3).  As I was half way through, the postal carrier dropped off some mail.  There it was: my first Black Lace postcard already dropped in my mailbox!

"Black Lace" postcard theme from Miriam in Ireland

Isn't that cute!?  Miriam, I love it.  The funny thing was her note on the back.  It read like a timid apology, hoping I'd see the humor in this.  I chuckled to myself.  It sounded like she was afraid of being seen as inappropriate.  She has no idea what is coming her way!  Look what I'm making!

Postcard Panties!  : )  hehe
Yes - that is a postcard!  It's 4x6" with two bottom corners cut out.  And yes, I will mail them 'as is' without an envelope.  These painties will travel to the other side of the planet and be handled by many post office employees.  I'm sure they'll be playing pass-the-painties in the sorting room.   LOL  You want to know the best part?  On the back I wrote, "thanks for swapping!".

ba hahahha!  ; )
...and that is what six months of winter will do to a fibre artist.

I have to finish the edges still and address the backs of them.  Linking to WIP Wednesday at TN&TN.

Have a good one!

17 comments:

Dahn said...

LOL LOL I think you are losing it. They look great. lol lol

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Haha...I think all that snow is getting to you LOL! Too funny, I can just picture the postal workers!

Terri said...

You will be making smiles across the world.
Hugs

elle said...

That'll make their day!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

You made me smile ;).
Stay inspired!

Heather said...

my mother, Elaine, does a lot of postcard swapping. I have seen many of Miriam's cards. Omg, you card is wonderful.

HollyM said...

Ha, ha, they are so cute. Leave it to you!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Love them!! Good for you! What a fun idea!

Kim said...

:)

Lynette said...

LOLOLOL That is so stinkin' funny. :D

CitricSugar said...

Hmmm…. Epic? Yep. Definitely. lol

You rock.

Woman Waiting in the Seams said...

Awwww, I almost signed up for that swap, but I had already signed up for 3 others. Miriam is a gem. I have been amazed at some of the artistic endeavours that have made it through the postal equipment.

Patti said...

Too hilarious!! Wouldn't you like to see the postal workers laughing!

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Amei a idéia!
Um abraço!

Egléa

Jackie said...

You are a riot!

Regina said...

Was für eine lustige Idee für eine Postkarte- da werden sicher Postbeamten nach Hause kommen und sagen: Du wirst nie darauf kommen was ich heute in der Hand hatte!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Those are just too too cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *