Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Sunday 16 December 2012

Sunday Snapshots

Ahhh, back to the land of sunny winters and diamonds sparkling in the snow!  : )  It's been lovely lately.  I headed south of the city to get some photos, and let my kids take some too.  Enjoy!

thank you to my six year old for this one!  : )

I can't tell you how much we love the blazing winter sun.  Here it is, as high as it gets in winter.  It's about one in the afternoon when this was taken.  It'll get a little lower still as we approach Winter Solstice.


My daughter explained to a group of painters one day, how the shadows in winter are blue.  Wow - that's pretty perceptive of her.

blue shadows at high noon, and diamonds in the ditches

I love those sparkly diamonds.  Here's a cool shot of a fence.  I would have taken it from a longer, deeper angle, but that ditch is surprisingly deep!  I took one step and POOF - past my knees.  lol


There you go.  Have a happy Sunday everyone!  : )


linking to *Friday Felicities*

11 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow! Your daughter caught a really terrific portrait of you! I love the decals on your machine.

What Comes Next? said...

Beautiful picture - just love the colour of your sky and those blue winter shadows. You've got an excellent young photographer in the family, too - great shot of you.
Merry Christmas!

Jo Vandermey said...

Great photo's.
Your daughter is very perceptive! Isn't it great that we can see such things in our children...
I envy the sunshine and the snow... we have grey sky's and rain.I long for the sunshine.

Chiara Z said...

I'll say it again, "GREAT" shot of you with your sewing machine! And I do love that fence.

Unknown said...

Cool pics! and more snow than I have seen in quite some time. :)

thanks for sharing.

have a great week!

Ellie said...

I think you may have some competition for the camera if that first picure is anything to go by :)
What a great shot. I love snowy pictures and yours are beautiful - it does look mighty cold though.

Jackie said...

That is awesome... love the one with you and your machine!

felicity said...

All of these photos make me so happy - thanks for linking up to Friday Felicities, Monika!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

A winter so different to ours. Blue shadows and sparkling snow - sounds wonderful. Your six year old has taken a wonderful photo, no wonder you have used it as your new profile photo.

Karen said...

Beautiful photograph; beautiful subject :)

tongfengdemao said...

After seeing these photos, I'm almost tempted to move to the Canadian Prairie. I remember such sunny/snowy days from my childhood in upstate NY, but here in OR winter is mostly gray and brown with touches of green (moss).... Rain, rain, rain! I miss the sun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *