Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Friday 2 November 2012

Group Exhibit and Work in Progress

I am SO excited!  I just got in to be part of an annual show called "Little Gems".  It is a big show and sale of small works.  It's coming up quick in two weeks and runs November 16, 17, and 18 only at 'The Mix' art studio in Downtown Saskatoon.  I will post more details very soon.  For now, here is the latest piece I'm working on.  It is 7"x7" inspired by another photo I took out at Cranberry Flats.

Here are the colors I will be using...


I had the idea to sketch it out right onto the fabric before stitching.  I never do that.  I just jump in and stitch, but a couple pieces of mine turned out extra-wonderful after sketching them first onto paper.  This is best of both worlds.  I used a chalk marking pencil.

and the thread painting begins...

I am digging working onto this grey background.  It's the perfect base color.  There will be beautiful dried puffs in the foreground done by hand.  Right on the horizon will be a large grove of trees with a minimal tufts of ochre leaves.  It was quite a beautiful sight.  Into that one curve you see, will be bits of autumn rosehips scattered throughout.  So far I love it - it's way more filled in right now but I don't have camera batteries charged... and so it goes...

I will post soon!  Have a great day,


3 comments:

HollyM said...

Monika, it looks wonderful already! I do love the grey base.

HollyM said...

I also meant to add that I love the colors. I've been noticing the same combination here too. While early fall is splendid, I really like the softer colors that are left at this time, the greys and beiges with specks of dried weeds and bits of red berries here and there.

Smithsrnn said...

The iRecharge battery works with more than 3000 laptop computers that require no more than 75 Watts of power. How batteries work can be easily shown as part of a science fair project. Instead of powering your phone all the way down, you can put it on airplane mode. Some models must be filled with liquid acid, which is usually provided. These rechargeable hearing aids come with many facilities and while it will amplify the sounds to increase your hearing quality.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *