Welcome

* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts
* * * MANITOBA * * *
Sept 2 & 3 Vendor - Proutopia
Sept 9 &10 Teaching - Sketch to Stitch / Runs with Scissors Studio
Sept 15 & 16 Vendor - Manitoba Fibre Festival, Red River Exhibition Park

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Itchin' to be Stitchin'

Is it just me, or do you feel like I haven't been doing any sewing?  I have a bit more paperwork and class preparations to get together before I can really begin.  In the mean time, I can feel sewing withdrawal beginning to kick in.  Do you ever get that??  I spent some time gathering my top inspirational photos that are 'calling' me.  Here is the lineup...

early summer at Grasswood, SK after a tornado warning had passed

I've only prepped the background so far...


Then there are a couple of these from this past weekend...  they melt my heart.  This one in particular is pretty full of fall colors, and lots of detail.  There will be a lot of stitching in this one, and it will not be a small piece.


I love the softness of this next one.  It's such a pretty fall palette.


And finally, this horizontal one from Silverspring just has such a nice free feel to it.  I have to do this one too, though I my omit the city in the background.  I'm not sure yet...


So that is my work-in-progress: figuring out where to start.  : )  Well, ya gotta start somewhere!  Have a great day.

5 comments:

Threadpainter said...

Hi Monika,
I love every one of these photos and I know you will do them justice !
Just back from my retreat and feeling much better, myself, about not doing much sewing lately !

HollyM said...

I've been having some of that itch lately too! I've been doing a little sewing here and there but not getting a lot done.
I love that second photo.
Fall colours are beautiful but I love the often colorectal we get when the leaves fade.
The horizontal one will be lovely too.

Mary Ann said...

I been working on a special project non-stop since September 1st and I finished last night. Now I'm sitting here feeling lost...LOL What to do? What to do? Ah well. It's good to have a break to refuel your creative self:)

Dahn said...

Woo hoo! I can't wait to see what marvellous pieces you make!! :-)
I love your photos too.

Anonymous said...

Oh!! I love the first one!
I really enjoyed your presentation at Guild on Monday. Well done.
Joyce

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *