Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Sunday 8 July 2012

Sunday Snapshots

After reading Thursday's article in Bridges about the Silverspring Prairie, I had to go see for myself.  It was about 9 pm last night when I drove north out of the city on Central Avenue.  It was hazy, dusty, and hot with a clear sky and a low sun.  Enjoy!









I hope everyone around here is able to be near water this week as it climbs to nearly 40C!  Stay cool!


7 comments:

sherry said...

i love your photos...i makes me feel like i am there...encourages me to get outside...thx

B J Elder said...

Would love to go out with you for a photo shoot some day. We have very similar tastes in the types of pictures we like to take. I can see some wonderful art pieces from these you took.

HollyM said...

Lovely scenes and I like the crow. We finally got some relief with a cooler day today and less humidity. I really mind the heat. Do you take your kids swimming when it's hot?
Congratulations too with some more publicity with your dress. I read it but didn't have time to respond.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The landscape looks wild and wonderful. Can't imagine light like this at 9pm! SNow in winter and 40 in summer, you have both extremes of light and dark, heat and cold.

Dahn said...

Love your Sunday photos. Do you call that bird a crow or a raven? I think this is my favorite one!

Hope you can get through that heat wave. Wow, it's going to be hot!

Bernie said...

Monika,
I've spent 15 years walkign in that area. Funny that Bridges should do an article on it. I'll have to look it up on line and read it. Nice little newspaper (that I don't get due to living in hte country) that I had never heard of until they featured our house in it but I really like their mix of articles and info.
Enjoy the area - I miss it but I have my only native prairie trails now.
Bernie

Tammy Burks said...

It may have been hazy, dusty and hot, but your photographs have made it appear lush and beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *