Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Thursday, 17 May 2012

Things I Love Thursdays

It's been a LONG time since I've made a post for my Thursday, hasn't it!?  I am so sorry.  I know for some of you, it was your favorite post.  Well here we go - I hope this makes up for it.

I love... pretty aprons!


I love that wonderful people like RITA PENNER kept pestering me to mail her some fabric - because I love aprons and she happens to love making them.

Rita, WOW!!  I especially LOVE the the flounce and the back.


Have you ever seen an apron so pretty!? 
 I love the long ties too.  I love that she inserted coffee-dyed lace into the seams!

To dye for.  : )

I love that fabric.  I found it in a bargain bin at Periwinkle's.  I figured it was pretty enough to make something beautiful, but subtle enough to wear as an apron and not scream out "HEY I HAVE AN APRON ON!!"  lol.  This one looks terrific with jeans and a t-shirt.  (Unlike the one my mother sent me - it's a giant slice of red watermelon with bright green straps.  It looks crazy with anything.  She bought it for my husband when she found out I was dating a guy who likes to bake bread.  p.s.  He has NEVER worn it mom.  I have, and accidentally answered the door in it.  TOTALLY embarrassing!)

And last but not least, I love the pocket that Rita matched up so well.  Very cool!


*** I also love that we managed to mail the fabric back and forth through Canada Post for only two dollars each.  THAT is a miracle.  lol.  Thank you Rita!  This is the BEST apron ever. 

Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

greelyrita said...

Oh, aren't you a dear to post about this. I hadn't thought about that. About that pocket. It's a mystery. How can it match so well on one side and then not at all on the other side? I turned it to try to match it perfectly everywhere and it just wouldn't work. Reading that you found it in a bargin bin, I wonder if it wasn't a printing problem. I scour the bargin bins too and find that there are often those types of problems. It certainly doesn't affect the beauty of the apron. It turned out even better than I had envisioned. Thanks for sending such pretty fabric!!

Annette said...

now that's a good friend.lovely apron ... one you'll be proud to ware ... now go a bake up a storm
in stitches

elle said...

Wow! Rita did a super job! It would look good in any kitchen!

Ellie said...

Oh that is a lovely apron and the fabric is lovely too. What a nice friend to have :))

HollyM said...

Wow, it is a very elegant apron and that pocket just amazes me!

Sheila said...

Rita did an amazing job and I love the style of this apron as well as the fabric !

Mary Ann said...

What a gorgeous apron:) I'm in shock that it only cost two dollars to send in the mail.

I'm having a wee giveaway over here....http://maryanntate.blogspot.ca/2012/05/blogoversary.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *