Welcome

* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts
* * * MANITOBA * * *
Sept 2 & 3 Vendor - Proutopia
Sept 9 &10 Teaching - Sketch to Stitch / Runs with Scissors Studio
Sept 15 & 16 Vendor - Manitoba Fibre Festival, Red River Exhibition Park

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Friday, 18 May 2012

Friday Finish

It's so odd to be once again at the point where I'm panicking that I won't have enough art for the next show, and then I line everything up to discover I have indeed made a LOT of pieces!  It will be a small space at the Spring Art Show & Sale as it's a group exhibit, and my table should be full.  I'll have machine & hand embroidered landscapes like this one...

Canola Summer, 2012

 You can read more about the event at the top of the blog.  Here's a close up...


I know... seriously?  There are thousands of French Knots in the whole piece...  That last photo was in-progress.  If you look at the first, you can see that I have a thin pale metallic thread couched down into the horizon.  You can click in the first photo to see it bigger if you like.

I will also have a little selection of art-to-mail from my Prairie Postcard series.

Wish You Were Here #30
side note - have you noticed that my photos look clearer since the new laptop?  My old one was failing and the yellow screen was causing me to edit my photos into strange & muddy colors.  Expect MUCH better photos from here on in!  ; )  There's something to celebrate!

I will also have a few little rug scenes!  So there you go.  More variety.

Prairie Rug #11

Now I'm off to hunt for the right blue embroidery floss.  I have one more flax field to finish and I've ran out!  OH, I do NOT want to go shopping AGAIN.  I want to stay home & sew!  Maybe I'll grab a bundle of the right color instead of one skein. 

Today I'm linking to a new party called Handmade Parade.  Isn't that a sweet title!?  You can check it out HERE Thank you Katey for the invite!  :)


7 comments:

Jess said...

Wow! I just have gotten into embroidery (literally, started my first piece last week), and so I am in awe of your landscapes. Especially the one with all the french knots. It is beautiful. Can't imagine the time involved though.

jan said...

Monika---it's nice to meet you too. I love your work. I'll be stopping by again.

Katie said...

I'm so glad you linked this up! I love all the French knots. Oh myyyyyy!

Nic said...

Wow. All those french knots are impressive. I love how you used different sizes

Linda said...

Lovely! Canola Summer is wonderful

greelyrita said...

About the picture you posted on Flickr. I couldn't seem to leave a comment without a Flickr sign-in and I can't get in right now.

Each piece you're showing is more beautiful than the last. Someone commented on depth. Yes!! Also, there's almost a feeling of the wind dancing with the grass. LOVE that!!!

waggonswest said...

What beautiful work... and patience. Those French knots are amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *