Through many photo emails, we decided on a rainbow like cascade from one corner to the opposite. I had already decided on a scrappy pieced binding to pull it all together. After a bit, Jesica asked if she could have wilflowers stitched into the boarder to represent her other grandmother. Both of these women had passed away one year ago. Jesica told me of the times she spent as a girl, picking wild flowers with this grandmother. What a great idea! I got to work researching native plants and began drawing after drawing until I created some good continuous line images of those flowers that I could then freemotion quilt. I found this quite easy and was pretty excited that I could pull this off! : )
I'm putting the label on now and she's coming tonight to pick it up! I hope she likes it. It was a lot of work.
|i love this label! it features those 70's green curtains as the border ; )|
September to do list:
- teach a Postcards Class this Sunday ** 2 spots left **
- Get my quilt show entries made!! p.s. they are not quilts. : )
|postcards at Bernie's|
October to do list:
- Finish entries and
- visit Margot... I must do that.
- Catch up on Karen Ruane's Embroider, Embellish, Create class
- dye some threads!
|go on a dye-it|
November to do list:
- Stitch Stitch Stitch up some art!
|photos to embroider|
December to do list:
- Hang my second solo show at the Jade Gallery (yesssss)
- Get that darn carpal tunnel surgery (ew ew)
|Bloom. Can't wait to make more!|
Thanks to everyone who is linking up over at TN&TN! It's so nice to meet you all and venture around your blogs.
Linking up to Lee's at Freshly Pieced (because I actually have a quilt to show).
Linking up to The Needle and Thread Network (because I am Canadian).