Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 13 August 2011

Start Your Engines!

I've opened a second blog.  It's not for my art or sewing.  It serves a different purpose.  It's for Canadian needle arts / fibre arts bloggers to be able to network.  I try and I try, but finding other sister-blogs is often like finding a needle in a haystack.  No, really.  I suppose that is the natural result of having only 1/10th the population of the United States.  Going to the store to buy a Canadian magazine is like going on a treasure hunt.  Here in Canada, you'll find shelves upon shelves upon shelves of American publications.  If you want a Canadian magazine, (A Needle Pulling Thread, Quilters' Connections) you need to go to a specialty bookstore even in this, the largest city in our province.  I don't really understand how this came to be.  I want to give my readers this background so that you will understand that I am not trying to be exclusive.  I just want find those 'needles in the haystack'.  And so, The Needle and Thread Network was born.








http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

Anyone can drop in or follow this blog of course, but I strongly encourage Canadian bloggers to link up on Wednesdays for a WIP (work in progress) blog sharing.  I'm gathering a small group of moderators.  So, sign up!  Sign up!  Please Follow / Join / spread the word.  Once we hit a good number of followers, we'll do a "Friday Feature Artist Blog" post where you can show off your work, your blog, your store, etc.  Sound good?

See you tomorrow, and see you on Wednesday over at TNTN!~

~Monika

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *