Welcome

* * * New Artworks * * * available at Handmade House, 710 Broadway Ave in Saskatoon

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Saturday, 13 August 2011

Start Your Engines!

I've opened a second blog.  It's not for my art or sewing.  It serves a different purpose.  It's for Canadian needle arts / fibre arts bloggers to be able to network.  I try and I try, but finding other sister-blogs is often like finding a needle in a haystack.  No, really.  I suppose that is the natural result of having only 1/10th the population of the United States.  Going to the store to buy a Canadian magazine is like going on a treasure hunt.  Here in Canada, you'll find shelves upon shelves upon shelves of American publications.  If you want a Canadian magazine, (A Needle Pulling Thread, Quilters' Connections) you need to go to a specialty bookstore even in this, the largest city in our province.  I don't really understand how this came to be.  I want to give my readers this background so that you will understand that I am not trying to be exclusive.  I just want find those 'needles in the haystack'.  And so, The Needle and Thread Network was born.








http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

Anyone can drop in or follow this blog of course, but I strongly encourage Canadian bloggers to link up on Wednesdays for a WIP (work in progress) blog sharing.  I'm gathering a small group of moderators.  So, sign up!  Sign up!  Please Follow / Join / spread the word.  Once we hit a good number of followers, we'll do a "Friday Feature Artist Blog" post where you can show off your work, your blog, your store, etc.  Sound good?

See you tomorrow, and see you on Wednesday over at TNTN!~

~Monika

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *