Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 9 August 2011

The Pressure is On!

I didn't know what else to call this post.  I mean pressure in a good way, in a challenging way.  This piece I had started is now spoken for... ie: SOLD.  Wow, that's pretty terrific!  Of course, I still have to finish it.  : )


There's the big blown up photo on the left that I took on Canada Day just east of Saskatoon.  On the right is the art prior to thread painting.  Here it is after thread painting:


This was the last picture I posted of this when I got the email.  Someone is purchasing this as a gift for a family member.  She wrote, "I can't believe it isn't sold already!!".  Well... to my defense, it isn't done yet.  lol  This is pretty exciting!  Dang, I can't keep up!  I'm going to have to stitch in secret in order to stock enough art for the show in December!  (Thank you very much : ) !)  I'm not sure how long this will take to finish the handstitching but it's something I can take on the road with me to work on now.  So far, I've completed this on it and I've enjoyed every single stitch.

actual size... hand stitched flowers in the foreground

I used those variegated hand painted threads that I bought from Michelle at Periwinkle Quilting.  That particular thread added fuscia along with the blues and purples.  I just love it.  I also blended the color in the distant hills a little better.  I added more tall grasses to the foreground with my machine.  After I add a few more highlights into the flowers, I will do the yellows and oranges of the blanket flowers.  Hopefully I'll get back to the Bridge City NeedleArts stitching night to finish this up.  I'll keep you posted!

Also, thanks everyone for all the postcard compliments yesterday!

~Monika

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh... I'm not sure I'll be able to give it away when it's finished!! Love it so much!! :)

Ellie said...

That is just lovely!!

elle said...

Monika! I luv the bottom print. I can see some ghosting of the texture peeking thru. You are amazing to do the hand stitching but the leaves shadowing behind is genius. Well Done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *