Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Monday, 10 January 2011

WOOT! like really - WOOT! Monday blogpost #2

Oh my gosh.  I'm a little floored at the moment.  Every 2 years, in Metro Toronto, is the big big trendy trade show called  The Creativ Festival.  It's a huge craft industry fair.  Click on that link, there's lots to see.  I guess A Needle Pulling Thread magazine must be having a booth there, because Carla (the editor) just dropped me a quick email that my quilt will be displayed at the spring show!!  Two things:  #1.OMG.  and #2. OMG.

work in progress

So the COMPLETELY IRONIC part is that I've already made up my mind that i will not be entering a quilt in the big Saskatoon Quilter's Guild biennial quilt & trade show... it's just too much emotional pressure.  I can't.  You can't convince me to either.  And now look.  One of my quilts is going in a big national festival anyhow.  lol  HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!??   I didn't even try for that to happen. 

*** Well, with all my heart, thank you Carla.  You have no idea what a huge fear you've just helped me surpass.  : )

a past summer issue

Off to make a hanging a sleeve & put on the most perfect binding for that quilt!!  : )

ps - Nice to see you Flo at the fabric store this morning!!  Flo's blog is here:  Butterfly Quilting

~Monika with a skip in her step today.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Congrats! How exciting!! I guess great work will get noticed whether you want it to or not. : ) Love that WIP.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Congratulations !!!!! And just why are you not entering a quilt into the Quilters Guild show???? Your work is amazing!

Lauren said...

Love it!
you: I'm not ready!
universe: Yes you are!

That's how all the best things come about.

mlafayette said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I haven't quilted in a while but since I have been reading your blog I really want to go to the fabric store and start one. But since I am due in February I don't think this is the best time to start!!
Michelle

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Congratulatons times a million!! I'm so happy for you!!

Grandma Coco said...

Congratulations, Monika! This is exciting news.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *