Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Sunday 21 November 2010

Sunday Snapshots 14 & Thank YOU.

Whew, what a day!  I took down the show today, brought it all home and then started wrapping up the sold pieces.  Today I delivered my art to the buyers.  I was nervous all over again!  It was like going to a second job interview!  (Don't look nervous.  Smile.  Be polite.  Say thank you.)  gulp.  Should I dress up? 

The Moon One Morning (detail) 2010 - sold

It turned out to be a really good wrap up to the whole experience.  Each person invited me into their homes to show me their prized art collections.  One woman loved fibre.  Two bought things for friends who love to sew.  Another had a gorgeous home filled with painted landscapes of the prairies in every room.  ALL PRAIRIE.  It was a prairie show-home!  I was stunned to have my art in that house.  What an honor.  I am truly in awe.

a photo i took this spring

Back at home I slowly put things back.  I put my red courthouse step quilt in the living room. I put up the red curtains that I used for the floor of the gallery.  And I placed the Rosehips Under Glass on the mantle.  WOW.  It's instantly my favorite room.  The big windows face south and the floors and walls are a warm honey color.  The place sure was bare without all that color!

my quilt, my favorite colors.

I want to thank everyone who commented on the show, the buyers who are keeping my work on display in their homes, and the sudden surge of Facebook and Hive followers!  It's really great to have an audience that provides so much feedback.  I feel so very lucky, and so very grateful.

evergreen and sunshine in the back yard
 
And yes Janice!  I am doing this again.  I've already put my name back on the wait list for next year.  : )

~Monika

2 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Congratulations on a successful show! What a great experience, and you did such a great job on the display.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

awe thanks Flo! : ) That was sweet of you.
~M.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *