Stage 3 (the building) isn't done. But here's what I have so far. I have the siding and roofing all done.
The windows and doors aren't on yet, but I have the shapes cut out. First I wanted to get the lower part of the deck built so I would place the doors and windows properly. They all land between the major posts of the deck railing. The problem was that I didn't have the right color of thread. I started with a "close enough" color. But you know, "close enough" never is. So I took my awning sample book to find the right shade.
DARN those are handy!! I have faux suede and taffeta books too! I found just the right color - brick red. And just 30 minutes before my son's birthday party, I dashed off to Fabricland before the 1/2 price thread sale ended. lol It's nice to live i n a small city because everything is close. LUCKY ME! I found the perfect match!
So I began the heirloom stitching for the lattice. Of course, I picked the wrong size stitch and had to seam rip it all out - little 1 mm stitches! What a pain. I should have known better than to start without testing the stitch on a scrap. After I got that right I lined up the drawing to match up the placements of the main posts. I marked them with pins which helps a lot.
Before I finish the deck now, I need to stitch on and outline all the doors and windows. After that I'll do the Stage 4 - the ground work.
Slowly but surely...
...who is about to keel over and die if the sun doesn't make an appearance soon. :( 4 days of ice fog & grey! This is unreal!