Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Sunday 19 September 2010

Quilts at the Bookstore

What a cold blustery day!  I did a family photo shoot at the university for another family.  I'm sure it was the weather... all the little kids in that area were crying!  Oh dear.  We'll have to try that again.  On the way out I snapped this!


My daughter and I then dropped in to McNally Robinson Booksellers today for a field trip. We found the Canadian quilting magazine: Quilter's Connection!  I'm glad they carry it!


And look!  The orange looks great in there!  My quilt, "Daisy Daisy" is hanging right in front of the Canadian Children's Books by the circle of trees.  All the quilts on display are courtesy of the Saskatoon Quilter's Guild.


Funny.  I never noticed that the ceiling in the is orange!  lol


There's my daughter sitting on the main floor.  I love this store.  There are nooks and crannies everywhere with such nice big comfy chairs. We stopped to read "Red is Best", our favorite Canadian children's book. 



Back home now... It's pouring rain.  I'm about to start making supper, packing lunches, running baths, doing laundry, clipping fingernails, washing dishes... ; )  Maybe tonight after the kids are in bed I'll put on a fire and get that Courthouse Country quilt top put together. 

Stay warm!
~Monika

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you find the little pleasures of life wherever you go! I love your blog!!!

Monika K. - MySweetPrairie said...

Awe - thanks! I'm glad this place makes you happy ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *