Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Thursday, 23 September 2010

Blue Sky Ahead!

Oh this is working out marvelously so far (knock on wood).  My Janome is giving me a serious headache.  I don't like the way the tech set the tensions, so I fiddled with them myself.  I can't believe I have to take it back again.  It's like cooking with a broken stir-spoon.  But here's what I have so far.  First, the painted sky - watered down acrylics on cotton.


I air dried it and then pressed it with a hot steamy iron.


So far so good.  Then I placed it on the buckrum canvas and stitched it horizontally through the blues, with blue thread.  


It still lacked some "pretty", so I covered the whole sky with sheer ribbon.  NICE!  So that was 505'd in place and then stitched around the edges.  


Looks good hey?


Now for the horizon!  Can't wait.  I just need to remember to practice before every step on a scrap piece to make sure this machine is set right.  Yikes.  I'll take the 7700 in later when this one is done.  I can't handle the withdrawal.  ; )  Anyone have a good back up machine for me to buy?  

~Monika
happy & relieved to be making a landscape again!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *