Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 7 September 2010

9 Patch Peach Crate - new!

A while back, I ordered some pretty fabric from Connecting Threads.  I had this jelly roll of warm cottons for a while.  I finally pre-washed 7 dried them, ironed them, and rolled them all back up.


And there it was!  The inspiration for the next quilt!  I had a couple packs of 5" charm squares from the same line.  So I took my handy circle cutter and away I went... peaches and nine patches!


This is the pile of quilt top on my sewing table while I add the border.  I chose a yellow & white gingham for the border - it's perfect!  There are 24 peaches in this quilt.  They are all raw-edge appliqued.  The exposed seams were all clipped so they'll begin to fray.


And check it out... little scraps for green for the leaves...


I have yet to add the leaves, baste it, quilt it, and add the binding.  I will post pics as soon as it's done!  : )  Then I'll be writing up the pattern for it & hopefully publishing it.

~Monika
after a rainy cold long weekend. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *