Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 26 July 2010

SCORE!

I love garage sailing / sale-ing.  I got a dress form that way.  I got fabrics, batting, threads, buttons, crochet cottons, cutting mats, rotary blades, a light box, sewing room furniture, frames, quilt magazines, rulers, templates... Then this weekend, I adopted a quilt!  

"How much?" I asked her.

"Oh... a dollar" she replied.  "It was my mother's childhood quilt."

"Who made it?" I asked.

"I don't know.  It's probably circa 1930 or so," she informed me.

A buck!?  I love it! 


Ain't she pretty!??  If anyone recognizes this block, please let me know.


Yes, those are my toes.  Ha ha.  The quilt is quite tattered & torn & work.  It's machine pieced with white thread, and hand quilted with green thread.  The batt is polyester.

I'm thrilled, but a little concerned that now I'm going to start collecting (or have I already?!?).  Oh my.

~ Monika, mother to many quilts. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what a score! A dollar??!! Love the flower patterns, and it looks so pretty out in the sunshine.
Make sure you put a label on it with all the information you have (albeit very little).
I love garage sales too, but have never found anything this good!
~ Heather

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Label! yes - gee I hadn't thought of that! (since it's not mine). But you are absolutely right!
~M.
ps - thanks for peeking at my blog!! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *