Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 31 July 2010

Poor Penny - I'm handstitching!

Finally I am done the main surface of the phone lines along Highway 7.    I got it done this morning and love it more!  : )  Wanna see how I work?


Here's some beads waiting...



I hand stitched all the fence posts in, and added glass beads to the tops of the poles.  I LOVE it.  I feel like I had all the right embellishments (thank you Molly!).




I did not have thin enough grey twisty fibres for the far line of posts, so I made some!  I took two lines of dark grey rayon and one line of light grey rayon onto one hand sewing needle and just twisted them lightly together.  Worked like a charm.  I'll have to send that tip into a magazine.  Maybe I'll win something.  haha



Then I re-photographed my Highway 51 piece.  It's going to be submitted for consideration in a Canadian business calendar challenge, along with the telephone poles.


And my third entry will be my Bear Tracks.  The spiral hand quilting in the paws looks so great. 


All this and poor Penny is just sitting idle.  So I dropped the feed dogs after midnight lastnight, and tried out the free motion on the new machine.  WOW.  I didn't think it would feel so much different from the 4900!  Easy - and look!  Just what I wanted it too look like:



Then after that, around 1 am, I played around with the blog colors as you can see.  Dumb.  I should have gone to bed.  oh well.  I think I like the changes.

Have a great long weekend!!
ps- the Fringe Festival is ON in Saskatoon!!  YAY!

~Monika K.
and all her thread

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *