Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 24 February 2018

Guttormson's Farm

Last month I was contacted for a commission by a father and daughter, for a threadpainting of their family farmland to gift to their mother for her birthday.  The mother, Doris, lives in Manitoba and I met her last fall when I was teaching at Heidi Hunter's studio.  It was really special to make art for someone I met.

Usually I'm doing this for strangers and I typically never hear back from the recipient.  Doris filmed herself with the art on the day she opened it, telling me how much this means to her.  It was beautiful!  She cried.  I cried.  It makes me feel so good about creating when a piece can be so special to someone.

Thank you Doris, Chelsea and Clayton! : )


2 comments:

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Beautiful piece,Monika. It will be well loved.

Alexandra Daddario said...

I really like your blog it contain very informative information about Religious Embroidery Designs thank you for sharing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *