Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 20 March 2017

Gardenscape Art Show & Sale

Happy Spring Equinox everyone, and Happy Autumn to those Down Under : )  Our prairie winds have blown in fast and fierce, a sure sign of Spring making it's grand entrance.  Can you believe it's that time again?  GARDENSCAPE!  I'm shaking my head in disbelief at how suddenly this big event has arrived.  It starts on FRIDAY!!!

GARDENSCAPE @ Prairieland Park Trade & Convention Centre - MARCH 24, 25, 26

I have all my threadpaintings done and ready to frame.  Tomorrow I spend my whole day doing that and making up the title cards.  Then the show goes up.  It's always so exciting.   Prairieland Park is a HUGE venue and the place smells like fresh earth and live flowers.  It's wonderful.

As always, I work elsewhere on Friday.   I will be there for some of Saturday and all day Sunday as well.  Of course, my contact info will be available on my art board.

Here's how it works:
If you are looking to buy any of the artwork at Gardenscape, simply locate a volunteer in the area and they can put a sold sticker on the piece of your choice. They'll collect your contact info and the artist will contact you to collect payment and arrange delivery after the event.  We are asked to keep our display boards full, so it's not typical that you can purchase on site and leave with the art.  Payment includes cash, cheque, credit card, or e-transfer.  (Haha yes people around here still use personal cheques.)

Here are some of my pieces:

Afternoon Drama, 2017

That last one makes me crave my birthday.  Every year I get a good thunderstorm, usually the first one of the year.  The next one is another take of the hills around Pike Lake.

After First Frost, 2017

And there are four of these!

Kitchen Window No. 9, 2017

All total, I have thirteen threadpaintings, including canola of course, and the 'Kitchen Window' series inspired by Jack Frost. The thread shines and has a beautiful glow that the camera cannot pick up.  I hope you enjoy the art and the plants and the food this weekend!  There's entertainment and demonstrations, and of course, the ever-popular plant auction.

See you soon!
xo


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *