Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 1 December 2015

No Job Too Big. No Job Too Small.

Last week I got a commission to make some art for a 4 year old boy.  No kidding!  Be still my heart.  OF COURSE I said yes.  The grandmother and the mother spied my snowglobes at the sale last week, and the mom asked for specific things to be put in the snowglobe for him.  He likes snowmen.  He likes trucks.  You got it!

You know, the art I put in the globes are barely 1/4 the size of a postcard.  I stitched the teenie little 2x2.5" landscapes this afternoon, and they were pretty fun to make!  Gosh, I hope it makes his day.


Almost done...   I added a yellow scarf and stitched the moon in silver thread.  Tada!  Here's what it looks like in the snowglobe!


French Knots make up all the black lumps of coal for eyes and buttons.  I used 12 weight thread to satin stitch the hat and the scarf.  I love it.

And here is the other side...  vrrrooom vrooom!


The great thing about these little snowglobe gifts is that they are 'shatterproof' (plastic), which is a brilliant idea.  Goodness knows how many times we've broken these sweet little things!

Just out of curiousity, I need to sit down and make a batch of winter cards / fabric postcards to send as thank you's.  If you have already taken the class or make cards already, would you be interested in a stitching afternoon or night to get to work on your own here in my Saskatoon studio with me?  You know: fabric, wine, sewing, chocolate...   It's not intended to be a class; it's a work bee.  Let me know!


4 comments:

KaHolly said...

Genius!

allthingzsewn said...

How sweet. Never seen these.

Lin said...

Oh Monika, it is just gorgeous, he will love it. xx

Vicki W said...

OMG, that's adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *