I'm so happy I did! It's 8 inches / 20cm square. It consists of seed stitches, and three knots: blue French Knots and Colonial knots, and yellow Sorbello Knots.
It's a good size (ignore the oversized pen there, it's throwing off the perspective!). It's really quite full of texture too!
|I just want to JUMP RIGHT IN! ; )|
I had a fun time photographing it's lusciousness! : ) Stitching it took a long, long long many days. Using these yarns was no nice though. Each stitch was like a swoosh of blended paint.
I had originally stitched the top third of it with single French Knots of yellow, and decided it was horrid. I cut them all out. I changed to these big Sorbello Knots which look much less boring.
plus... yellow rhymed with sorbello. lol
It doesn't have a name yes, and won't be framed for a couple weeks. But... ta-da! : ) I don't know if these images do it justice. I am really proud of it, and proud of myself for not tossing it half way through. In hand stitching, the 'ugly phase' seems to drag on a bit. I perservered!
Next project, I plan to set a timer each time I sit to work to see how long these things really take. : ) I'm really proud of this new body of work. I have a couple pieces at HandMade House and last week I got the most wonderful reactions. It's exciting to be there when it happens! This one might just end up in Handmade House unless it gets snapped up beforehand. My new work is moving pretty fast so if you ever see something you like, just say so. Otherwise, I'll let you know when the next show & sale is. There's one in September just outside of Saskatoon.
Enjoy the summer!