Welcome

* * * New Artworks * * * available at Handmade House, 710 Broadway Ave in Saskatoon

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Thursday, 14 May 2015

Commission Complete

This week I was finally able to work on commissioned art.  This one will be joining it's 'sister'.  It's a scene of done a few times in varying sizes.  The first and largest was in 2012 and I only recently had the heart to let it go.  It was real turning point in my work, where i felt like I was painting and not just colouring in or making things up.  It's like my work matured.  Maybe it's because I used a sketch book with this one.  And so, here's the newest version at 5x5".


It's 2 pieces of cotton fused onto a stabilizer, a bit of penciled in guide marks, and I begin free motion work on this blank slate.  Pretty bare bones so far!!


I stabilize pretty well so I don't have to hoop a square in a circular frame.  I teach with a hoop but when I do my art, I feel hoops get in my way.

95% of the time, I spend at least a half a day hand stitching.  I just do not feel it's complete until I have the handwork done.  Some things just cannot be the way I want with a machine.  Some of my canola fields might be an entire week just stitching the French Knots.  But for the most part, the machine work really doesn't take much time at all - usually not more that a day depending on size.  I probably spend as much time selecting blendable colours and changing thread as I do machine stitching.

Here it is... complete.  I hope you like it T.!  : )  I'll have it framed for the weekend.

another fall day at Cranberry Flats : )

Love it!

*** NOW ***  I have to clear our my studio mess and set up some tables and chairs.  I'm having company!!!  I'm having a sewing bee at my place with _________________ !!!  : )  I'll post about it Saturday.  

haha can you tell I'm excited!??

Have a great week,


4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Exquisite!

Lin said...

Beautiful Monika. xx

Zdolność-tworzenia said...

Przepiękne.

Terri said...

I love it too!
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *