Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Group Show Funky, Fresh & Full of Spice @ Paved Arts, Saskatoon June 23 & 24 ONLY
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception July 8, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Work in Progress (pass the mustard?)

I finished this one up.  It was rectangular, but do you think I have a frame to fit?  no.  It's a teeny edge shy of a 5x7" mat.  SO, 5x5" it is.  I have heard that square art has a more intimate feel than rectangular art.  I will make this one again though, because it was so enjoyable, and because I like the feel of the open horizon being longer.


If I'm wrong, I'll be corrected (go for it), but I'm pretty sure these are Mustard flowers.  Here's the original photo I took below.  My version is a little brighter, and simpler by intention.  I love the clean look of it so very much.  It has a very delicate feel.  It was a beautiful scene to begin with.  I loved how the background blended.


I will have this one for sale at my Studio Warming on Saturday.  Most of the art I have right now is small - both threadpaintings and chunkier yarn embroideries.  I'll also have some postcards, snow globes, and art-print greeting cards too.  Please stop by if you are looking to do some holiday gift shopping.  I'll likely deactivate my Etsy shop items for the weekend as I have the cards for sale here.

p.s.  this little sweetie needs a name

linking to TN&TN for WIP Wednesday


5 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

love it! It just has such a warm open feel about it - I can smell the fresh air!

HollyM said...

Very pretty! Simplified is good. I love the horizon line and that the flowers go above it. Did you have to lie down for that shot, lol?
I get frustrated because I can't get up and Dow for those shots.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

I usually do get down on the ground, yes! :) Or at least squat a bit. These were up past my elbows so it wasn't too difficult. ;)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

beautiful Monika....your really know how to capture a great picture

pegsplace said...

So simple making it exquisite! I would so love to visit your studio but I will be content to visit your etsy page :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *