Welcome

* * * New Artworks * * * available at Handmade House, 710 Broadway Ave in Saskatoon

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Sunday, 21 September 2014

Sunday Snapshots

I'm only posting one photo today, but it has a funny story.  I told my youngest that once I am all moved in to the new studio, the old space will once again turn into a room for their art, boardgames, crafts, etc.  Well - oh my.  She had this vigourous energy all of a sudden, "come on mama!  Let's get you out of here!  Where do we start?"  Ha!  Well if that isn't a way to have a child clean and declutter with joy, I don't know what is!  Her favourite thing to do is sort spools by colour.  I have fifteen new bins and away we went.


This is only my collection of regular weight threads.  There are about 750 of them.  Half are greens & yellows.  The spools will sit out on a long, long shelf along a wall, just behind where I sit and threadpaint.  : )  It feels great to reorganize things!  There's a number of things I don't need or don't use, so I plan to donate to the Grandmothers for Grandmothers sale next month here in Saskatoon.

p.s.  I have baseboards, door trim, and furniture in now!  YAY : ) 

Happy Sunday


8 comments:

Bren said...

You are blessed with a delightful child and a treasure of thread. ENJOY!

Beatrice said...

I love your landscapes, I love your thread. I wonder if they are by any chance related? ;-)
Beatrice

Beatrice said...

PS Is it OK if I share your picture of the spools on a French quilters forum?
Beatrice

HollyM said...

I don't have nearly as much thread , but I want to organize some in the same way. I looked at containers like that just yesterday.
It looks so pretty!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Home Depot... 97 cents each! ;)

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Yes you may! :) thank you Beatrice. It is also on Flickr and in 7 hrs it has gained 7000+ views!? Wow.

Irena Mangone said...

Wow that is indeed a collection of threads. Love the motivation for your daughter to help.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Look at all those gorgeous threads! This would make a great print/canvas Monika.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *