Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Sunday 21 September 2014

Sunday Snapshots

I'm only posting one photo today, but it has a funny story.  I told my youngest that once I am all moved in to the new studio, the old space will once again turn into a room for their art, boardgames, crafts, etc.  Well - oh my.  She had this vigourous energy all of a sudden, "come on mama!  Let's get you out of here!  Where do we start?"  Ha!  Well if that isn't a way to have a child clean and declutter with joy, I don't know what is!  Her favourite thing to do is sort spools by colour.  I have fifteen new bins and away we went.


This is only my collection of regular weight threads.  There are about 750 of them.  Half are greens & yellows.  The spools will sit out on a long, long shelf along a wall, just behind where I sit and threadpaint.  : )  It feels great to reorganize things!  There's a number of things I don't need or don't use, so I plan to donate to the Grandmothers for Grandmothers sale next month here in Saskatoon.

p.s.  I have baseboards, door trim, and furniture in now!  YAY : ) 

Happy Sunday


8 comments:

Bren said...

You are blessed with a delightful child and a treasure of thread. ENJOY!

Beatrice said...

I love your landscapes, I love your thread. I wonder if they are by any chance related? ;-)
Beatrice

Beatrice said...

PS Is it OK if I share your picture of the spools on a French quilters forum?
Beatrice

HollyM said...

I don't have nearly as much thread , but I want to organize some in the same way. I looked at containers like that just yesterday.
It looks so pretty!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Home Depot... 97 cents each! ;)

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Yes you may! :) thank you Beatrice. It is also on Flickr and in 7 hrs it has gained 7000+ views!? Wow.

Irena. said...

Wow that is indeed a collection of threads. Love the motivation for your daughter to help.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Look at all those gorgeous threads! This would make a great print/canvas Monika.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *